Collection of Information
M&Co collects information to provide better services to its users and to better understand the visitors to its websites and what content is of interest to them. M&Co collects information in the following ways:
- information you affirmatively choose to submit to us (such as your name, email address, company name, title, country) for the purpose of accessing various downloads, viewing specific content, subscribing to M&Co newsletters, registering for events and your preferences in receiving marketing from M&Co and its third party partners and your communication preferences, etc.
- information M&Co receives from your use of M&Co websites, such as the IP address, browser type, ISP, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, domain name and country/state of all visitors to M&Co websites;
Other than as required by law, M&Co websites do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). M&Co will not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
M&Co will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected unless it reasonably considers that it needs to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose. If M&Co needs to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, M&Co will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows M&Co to do so.
Legal Basis of Processing
If your personal information is protected by EU data protection law, M&Co’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which M&Co collects it.
However, M&Co will normally collect personal information from you only (a) where it needs the personal information to perform a contract with you, (b) where the processing is in its legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights, or (c) where it has your consent to do so. In some cases, M&Co may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which M&Co collects and uses your personal information, please contact M&Co using the contact details provided under the “Contact Details” heading below and in the right-hand side column.
Use of Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, M&Co considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which M&Co processes your personal information and whether it can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
M&Co protects your personal information in the same way that it protects its other confidential information, such as storing it on secure servers that only select M&Co personnel have access to, and by encrypting it to help prevent access by any unauthorized parties. M&Co has put in place procedures to deal with any personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach when legally required to do so.
As explained above, M&Co will collect and use your personal data for marketing purposes. Your data will be stored in our CRM system. We will use your data to inform you about M&Co products and services we think may be of your interest and sending you our newsletters. For statistical purposes, we will collect information about your response to our emails and our interaction with you to make decisions on future marketing.
Your Data Protection Rights
If your personal information is protected by EU data protection law, you have the following data protection rights which you may be able to exercise by contacting M&Co using the contact details provided under the “Contact Details” heading below and in the right-hand side column:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting M&Co.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask M&Co to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information by contacting M&Co.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications that M&Co sends you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails M&Co sends you or by using the relevant opt-out mechanism for non-email based marketing.
- Similarly, if M&Co has collected and processes your personal information based on your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing M&Co conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about M&Co collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, M&Co may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. M&Co tries to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, M&Co will notify you and keep you updated.
Changes to the Policy
This version was last updated on August 3rd, 2018 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting M&Co.
Montieth & Company, LLC.
10 Grand Central
155 E. 44th Street
New York, NY 10017